Monday, April 23, 2007

Jake's JK: Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most

I must've been sulking a little too much on Friday night, because A checked the inventory of several Jeep dealers across the state to see if there were any rigs comparable to what I ordered. There weren't, but the "other" dealer in town (the one I didn't order from) had just taken delivery of a Wrangler Unlimited with half doors-one of my "must have" options that I had yet to see in person.

We made the trek up to the dealership to take a look at it. The sales rep A talked to on the phone was working with another customer, but pointed us in the direction of the Jeep with half doors and told us she would sent the manager over with a key so we could look inside. When we got to the Jeep, I showed A why I want to install an alarm system as soon as I take possession of my Jeep. I stuck my finger under the canvas flap on the upper front door, wiggled it in, unzipped the window, reached in, and unlocked the door.

Aside from the half doors and 4 wheel drive, this particular Jeep had nothing that I wanted. I wasn't too happy with the "spice"-colored interior, and A hated the "baby-puke-shit-green" paint. So we went back inside and asked how soon they were expecting more Wrangler Unlimiteds with half doors. It turns out that they have five that should be arriving in early May, nine days before mine will even be built. I will have to compromise on a few of the extras I ordered, but nothing that is a deal-breaker. We will see how I like them when I sit in the driver's seats.

Today, I stopped at the dealership that is supposed to be working on getting my custom-ordered Jeep built and delivered. The sales manager told me that he doesn't have any answers for me. He was a little surprised that when his computer was updated this morning, it showed the same build date I was told on Friday. He said that the Chrysler rep was going to be stopping by at 3 pm, and he would give the guy my cell number.

Guess who never called?

No comments: