Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I just don't care anymore

It occurred to me the other day that the restroom in our office is not soundproofed very well. And by "not very well," I mean, "not at all." And the room that I work in with two other people shares one very long wall with said restroom. Much like the scene in "The Naked Gun" where Leslie Nielsen goes to the john while his lapel microphone is live and piped into the auditorium where he just gave a speech, we get to hear the tinklings of every one of our coworkers. Once I realized this, I took to sitting down, which is not all that masculine, just so the two women I work with wouldn't have to hear me going six times a day (I try to drink all eight 8 oz glasses of water recommended while at the office).

But today, I realized that it is not really all that embarassing. In fact, if anyone is actually sitting there listening to others take a leak, the problem lies within the listener, not the one being listened to. So from now on, no more squatting for me. I will stand like a man and be proud of my urination. And while I am at it, I will sing, too. Today's song selection: "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down.

"If I go crazy, then will you still call me Superman..."

No comments: