Monday, November 14, 2005

Atkins Update: End of Week 1

I went grocery shopping over the weekend, to finish stocking up on Atkins-friendly foods so I don't end up blowing my diet by snacking on something I'm not supposed to have. I mentioned before that the last time I tried the Atkins diet, I eventually went off of it before the whole low-carb craze kicked in. I just couldn't stick to it because I loves me the breads. Boy was I in for a treat when I discovered all the products on the market now.

Some of my favorites:
  • Low-carb Ketchup
  • Low-carb Tortillas
  • Low-carb Pasta
  • Low-carb Ketchup
  • Low-carb Cinnamon Bun Breakfast Bars
  • Low-carb Pseudo-Peanut Butter and Chocolate Snack Bars
  • Low-carb Ketchup
  • Carb-free Fruit Punch Drinks from Tropicana
  • Diet Rite Pure Zero (cool because not only is it caffiene free and sugar free, but doesn't have Nutra-Sweet, with all its brain- and mood-altering goodness)
  • Low-carb Ketchup
  • Pepperidge Farm LOW CARB FREAKING BREAD!!!!
Did I mention they now also have Low-carb Ketchup?

They say Atkins is a lifetime change in eating habits. With all these foods available to me, I really think I can do this for good this time. I have always been a meat & cheese lover, and the only vegetables I really eat are salads anyway (and those are not just allowed, but required on Atkins). I can cut back on the bread as long as there's still some that I can eat. I just may get down to my rowing weight sooner than I have planned. You can track my progress on the chart under my profile. I will update it twice a week or so. I'm already down six pounds. Woohoo! Yay Induction! Hoorah Ketosis!

No comments: