Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Normally I refrain from quoting other blogs on mine, but this rant about lobbyist extraordinaire Jack Abramoff on Scott Adams's Dilbert Blog had me in stitches:
"Most of the allegations aren’t that interesting. But one scheme, according to Time magazine, caught my eye. They say, 'eLottery – This Internet gambling firm hired Abramoff and invested some $2 million in an intricate campaign in 2000 to kill a bill that would have outlawed most online gaming. Abramoff used Christian groups to block the bill on the grounds that it didn’t go far enough.' Yes, the man convinced Christian groups to support gambling. Now THAT’S what I call an effective lobbyist."
Adams adds that Abramoff didn't go far enough, and lists the following other laws that he should have had religious groups support:
"Ban prayer in churches
Mandatory homosexuality
No more wearing “Wally” glasses
No riding motorcycles and pretending to be the good kind of bad"
Adams finished the list with this gem:
"The only thing I wouldn’t change is that I’d still allow Pat Robertson to blame God for smiting people who he believes “had it coming.” That’s too funny to stop."

No comments: