Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Jake's JK: Coming Soon (For Real)

A few weeks ago, I found a phone number for Chrysler that I could call to check the status of my order. Since I first found out about it, I have been stuck at "D" status (see below). I have called every week or so, but no change. My 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited had a firm schedule, but there was no movement in my status since I ordered it on January 19th.

Today when I called, they told me it had moved to D1!!! It will be built this week!

An hour or so later, the dealer called A and told her that the Jeep is scheduled to ship next Wednesday and will arrive a week later. I will be behind the wheel of my JK by the end of the month.

Top down.

Doors off.

Radio blasting Rush (btw, A bought me tickets for their June show in Tampa for our anniversary).

Wind blowing.

Sun shining.

Life is good.

If you have a Jeep, Dodge, or Chrysler vehicle on order and want to know your vehicle's status, get your VIN or Vehicle Order Number from your dealer and call 1-800-992-1997. Follow the prompts, stay on the line for an operator, and they can look it up for you.

Below is a complete list of Chrysler status codes that should help you figure out what it means:

ORDER STATUS CODES

BB - review by fleet department
BD - special equipment processing
BE - edit error
BG - passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL - edit ok parts unavailable
BX - passed edit available for schedule
C - sub firm
D - firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1 - gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E - frame
F - paint
G - trim
I - built not ok'd
J - built ok'd
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - emission check
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant , invoiced
KZL - released - not shipped
KZM - first rail departure
KZN - first rail arrival
KZO - delayed/recieved
KZOA - plant holds
KZOB - zone/distribution holds
KZOC - carrier delays
KZOD - carrier holds
KZOE - mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF - show/test vehicle
KZOG - damaged vehicle
KZOH - all other reasons
KZT - second rail departure
KZU - second rail arrival
KZX - delivered to dealer
ZA - canceled

No comments: